Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4 months


Yet again I am demonstrating my lack of ability and/or gumption to keep up a blog to a regular degree seeing as Liz is 5 months old and I'm just getting to her 4 month!! lol Liz is keeping us busy not to mention going over to Mamaw and Papaw's just about everyday. I'm not sure that I've spoken about it in previous posts, but we found out that my parents will be moving within just over a year to Charlotte NC due to my dad's job being shifted to the company's main hub there. Bummer face obviously but a total God send in more ways than we can begin to count. All of us have been bummed about being so far apart, especially with Liz (and hopefully other future grandkids) but we can't deny God's hand - downsizing opportunity which is a massive help to mom and her health for example. Plus, they'll be halfway in between us and where my sister is going to end up, Panama City Fl when she gets married this summer.

Liz is growing like a weed, though I feel like I say that sooo much but it's true! They grow so fast and develop even quicker, I can't believe what even just a month difference can make. She is gaining strength quickly, starting to try and sit up (trying to lift her head and shoulders up) and getting almost all the way turned over except fo
r her head when trying to turn over back to front. Carrying her is getting so much more convenient now that she's so stable; I have an extra hand again!! Yessss! Her reaching and grasping toys and other objects is getting much more purposeful, her favorite being hands/fingers, rattles, and rings.

We had her 4 month check up and the doc is totally pleased with where liz is at. She's a tall, strong, skinny mini with a great set of lungs :-) From day one, the doc has made mention of how alert and attentive Liz is and this visit was no different. When we got to talking about Liz and other things, Liz was in rapt attention of whatever the doc was saying. She's such a trooper too. She got more shots this time and it went about the same as the last time where she pretty much stopped crying right as the nurse was putting on the last band-aid. What a good girl! She's also discovered her feet, much to all of our delight. She can't get enough of them and is notorious for grabbing them and then drop kicking her bed while she's waiting on us to come and get her out of bed! Super funny to hear happening on the monitor!

She's been getting bored a lot easier too. While she has great attention skills, she sure figures things out in a fair amount of time and wants to move on. Her favorite past time is out shopping (where there is sooo much to see, hear and smell) and going for walks using her carrier instead of the stroller. She's giggling and getting much more ticklish which is an awesome combination for us to enjoy!! My favorite is giving her tummy a zerbert while shaking my head - always gets a great laugh!!

She's also gotten really good at mimicking us. She recently has loved figuring out how to make the "ooo" face, and she tries to get her tongue going when you make noises using your tongue. She loves music too. We'll get into the car, put the radio on and she's good to go. There's been a few times where she's even seemed to been singing along.

Billy and I talk all the time about what God might have in store for her. So many times I find myself praying for her, her tomorrows, people who will come into her life, her husband, what she might experience, etc and I get a little nervous along with the excitement. God has charged me with this little one, raising her up and I can't imagine doing this without Him. Billy and I both realize we could not do this without Him. What peace, hope, and comfort we have knowing that we don't have to have all the answers, that though we will make mistakes there is grace, thank goodness!!
We (yes we!) are so looking forward to doing some shopping at garage sales this season. Yes, even Billy is pumped for it - mostly though from the stand point of how much money it saves us! lol Really, I'm right there with him. I love to find a good deal, love to shop, but feel like I did the best I could when I find something that we need for a price that works with not only our budget but what the true cost of the item should be anyway (i.e. an outfit that probably only cost $1 to make for a dollar)!! I personally will pick up an outfit or something occasionally as needed or even just desired, but I have a hard time spending so much on something I know didn't cost 1/4 of the cost to make. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now :-)

We are greatly enjoying watching out little one grow, being humbled and filled with joy at the reminder of the love God has for us as His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment